Sunday, April 3, 2016

Back At It!

Yep, here I am again!

Are you thinking, hmm... isn't one of her yearly goals keeping her blog up? It is! But I decided to give myself a quarter of the year off. Why? I run out of blog ideas. Does this happen to any other writers out there?

So, today, I'll fill you in on what I've been doing as a writer. I accepted another short, short story assignment So I've been writing and revising those stories. I also accepted an adult short story assignment that had a tight turn around time, but managed to get it written, revised and in on time.

I started reading a craft book on writing a mystery novel and following the exercises. I'm happy to say, I'm half way through the book and I have a rough draft of a synopsis and polished first chapter of a cozy mystery. I like both and am very excited about this project.

I had a novella release in a collection in January. The book has nine stories total and a book store in Indiana chose it for their book club. One of the other authors in the book arranged for all of the authors in the collection to speak to the bookstore. How fun was that? I had an awesome time interacting with the readers. You can view my presentation here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdpAgCmNFKk  We are interacting with another bookstore in Colorado however they meet during the day and I'm not available to speak with them. This video will be shown instead.

This is my second You Tube video interview. Here is the link to other interview if you have never seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KJMfklrACs

Or just pull up You Tube and search my name.

I have registered and made reservations to attend the RWA Annual Conference in San Diego. I'm really looking forward to it!

I think that is about it. Tell me what's going on in your life!




No comments:

Post a Comment