Sunday, January 10, 2016

2016 Goals

As promised this blog post will lay out my goals for 2016. I thought this saying was apropos
because setting goals and not making a plan to accomplish them will not make them happen or move your writing career forward.

My method is to set yearly goals and then break them down into monthly goals. I also recap my monthly goals on the first of the new month so I can see what steps I need to take to move forward on meeting my yearly goals. Of course, my method might not work for you, but it is important that you find out what does work for you keeping in mind that goals are fluid. If you prepare a proposal and it's accepted, your yearly goals may change.

My goals for 2016 are:

1. Keep my blog up. Sounds simple, but this is hard for me to do if I'm under deadline since I work a full-time job.

2. Develop two speaking workshop/presentations, one for adults and one for children.

3. Revise and polish a children's chapter book that's been sitting on my computer.

4. Develop an inspirational romance proposal with older characters.

5. Have a completed cozy mystery book including the proposal by years end.

6. Develop a historical romance proposal.

My one word for 2016 is: Reinvigorate!

If you feel inclined, share one of your goals with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment