Sunday, January 3, 2016

2015 Goal Recap

It's that time of the year that I have to publicly reveal what goals I accomplished over the year. If you remember every January I publish my goals for the year. If you make them public, actually tell people, it makes you accountable.

As a reminder, here were my goals:

Keep up the blog
Develop speaking/workshop presentations both children and adults
Develop cozy mystery series idea
Work on revising children's chapter book
Develop proposal for Harlequin's American Romance line
Develop historical romance book
Develop contemporary romance series with older characters

I managed to complete three.

I kept up the blog.

I developed the proposal for the American Romance line

I developed a cozy mystery idea.

Not too shabby. I did submit my resume for a work for hire for children's short stories which results in three assignments of 39 stories total. I also auditioned for a work for hire book series, but didn't make the grade.

It's always important to keep your eye out for work for hire assignments. I actually had four this year, but one came from a publication that contacted me.

All in all, I think I hit the mark with my goals and accomplishments! Next week I'll post my goals for 2016. If you haven't set your goals yet, I urge you to do it now.











No comments:

Post a Comment