Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Wishing all of you a Happy Valentine's Day. Although we now think of Valentine's Day as a day to show romantic love, that is not it's origin-see wikipedia. for a brief history.

I have always loved this day because my dad always gave my mom, my sister and me a box of candy. Being a HUGE candy fan, I anticipated Valentine's Day more than Christmas (we did have our fair share of sweets at Christmas time too!). My dad's gesture is also why I don't always associate Valentine's Day with romantic love.

So here is my question for the week: Do you associate Valentine's Day with romantic love? If you're single do you dread the day or try to share it with a family member or even doing something special for yourself?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment