Saturday, January 10, 2015

2015 Writing Goals

As promised last week, this week I'll post my 2015 writing goals. It's always good to share your writing goals publicly. It makes you more accountable for completing them. If you are shy or new to the profession, you don't have to share them with the world. You can post them on a wall in your office or tell a good friend or family member who you know will hold you accountable for completing one more by December 31, 2015

Here are mine:

1.   Keep up my blog.

2.   Develop speaking or work shop presentations for both adult and children's writing.

3.   Develop a cozy mystery series.

4.   Work on my completed rough draft of a children's book.

5.   Prepare a proposal package on my Christmas inspirational romance novel idea.

6.   Prepare a proposal package for a romance series aimed at older readers.

7.   Prepare a proposal package for a sweet romance series.

That's it. The one word I chose for the 2015 writing year is: DIVERSIFY

Please feel free to share one or all of your goals with me!

4 comments:

  1. exellent, Rose! I know you will forge ahead. Your goals are good examples--so much of a writer's publication success is out of her hands, but these goals are all well within your control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited about your #6. Older readers still love good stories about senior living and we really do experience real-life romance!! Stay on-goal with this one, Rose. You have hooked me. This 78 year old reader/writer/hopeless romantic will check often on the status.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support. I'll get to work on it and HOPE a publisher will snap it up. My Dakota Love book has older characters finding love in their 40's, 50's and 60's. I have gotten so much good feedback. I'm glad you stopped by.

      Delete