Saturday, January 3, 2015

2014 Goal Recap

It's that time of year. Time to review the writing goals I set for myself twelve short months ago in January of 2014.

I completed three out the six goals I set last year. In February when a book proposal was accepted by Heartsong Presents, I knew I couldn't complete them all and full fill my contract, so I had to be flexible and alter the goals.

The goals I completed were:

I kept my blog up with weekly and sometimes bi-weekly updates.

I developed and proposed a Rodeo Romance book series, which sold.

I developed a novella around a Chapel car theme, which also sold.

The goals I didn't accomplish were revising a children's book manuscript and trying to find a publisher for it. Develop a cozy mystery idea into a book proposal and write and submit at least one short romance story aimed at Woman's World magazine.

Even though I didn't complete each and every goal, 2014 was certainly a writing success for me.

Next week I'll post the goals I set for 2015. If you haven't set your writing goals for 2015 yet, the year is still young!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the goals you met and best wishes for 2015. Rose, you both inspire and shame me. :)

    ReplyDelete