Sunday, July 6, 2014

Running Behind

Happy Fourth of July!




I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday. Our holiday consisted of two picnics and two sets of fireworks all shared with our granddaughters. We had a great time and now the weekend is coming to an end, I'm realizing how far behind I am in writing.




Yes, you read that correctly. The person who always talks about time management is behind! So now, I'm brainstorming on just how to get back on track.




What put me behind? Just a few of life's little set backs. I had the flu, the area where we live dealt with a flood. Although I wasn't directly effected, my sister was and had to spend five days with us so she could go to work. Then the holiday hit and well...here I am.




So what do I have to do? I need to read my current book out loud for the final revision, I need to finish a guest blog post and start a proposal for the second contracted book. It sounds like a lot to do in twenty-five days, but I know I can utilize my lunch hour to work on the blog and proposal and use my quiet time at home for reading my manuscript out loud.




Hopefully, by next Saturday I can give a positive update. In the meantime, I have done my semi-annual review of my goals. Since I know it's important to make your goals public because you are more accountable, here is how I faired so far this year:




I've been making weekly blog posts.




I developed a 'forced' marriage proposal and aimed it a novella collection instead of developing a series. I'm counting it as a goal completed.




So, I've completed two out of six of my yearly goals. Have you checked your mid-year progress?

2 comments:

  1. Great progress in spite of obstacles, Rose! Keep up the good work (and no more flu or floods, ok?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😷 Sorry you had the flu, glad your better. Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete