Saturday, March 29, 2014

Writer's Meeting!

Whew! My post is later in the day than usual because I've been in Omaha enjoying lunch and a program on woman's hats through the era's with my writing group.


First, it's always great to see my writing colleagues who are also my friends! We always go to yummy restaurants and interesting programs. I snapped some pictures of the hats to share with you. I was the 'hat model' for one hat, but alias I didn't get a picture of myself. A couple of ladies in our group did! I'm hoping one of them shares them on Facebook, so I can share it with you.


There was a movie made in the Lincoln area and the speaker, who is also a collector had a hat used in the movie. She purchased it in antique shop and this is how she knew it was a hat from the movie.





I thought this hat was beautiful. I'd have tried it on, but I don't have the right hair style.




When women wore this hat, they rolled their long hair up using a rat tail. The second picture is the rat tail. These hats were popular in the 1940's.




Ladies hats went out of vogue in the early sixties...what a shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment