Saturday, February 15, 2014

Book Reviews/Ratings

Once upon a time book reviews were left to journalists or columnists that worked for print publications. Although you can still find those types of book reviews, the digital age has made is easy for anyone to review or rate a book.


Both the Amazon and Barnes and Noble websites allow people to sign in and rate and review books. Reader focused Goodreads encourages readers to review and rate books.


I know that I've covered this topic before on my blog, but with my recent release, The Widow's Suitor, I'm having fun checking the various sites for reviews and ratings. And it got me wondering, do readers really pay attention to other readers reviews and ratings of books? Does another person's opinion determine if you spend your hard earned money on book?


For me personally, it's doesn't. But I'd like to hear your opinions, so please leave a comment to let me know.





1 comment:

  1. If i,m randomly considering to read a book, I like to read the reviews to see what others think of it.

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete