Saturday, October 12, 2013

Writer's Tools - Part 9

I'm focusing on goal setting this week. Not a new subject for this blog!

I've been called a task master by my fellow writers many times. Setting goals for your writing is important. You can't grow and move forward with your writing career without them.

If you are not setting goals, my suggestion is to start small, like finish the rough draft of one chapter in a month or write and polish a short story in forty five days. Anything to keep your fingers on the keyboard.

More seasoned writers need to set goals to get out of their comfort zone. In turn that will increase output.

Now is the time of year to start thinking about your writing career and where you'd like to be at this time next year. Think of some easy and harder goals. As you complete the easy ones, you'll build confidence. The harder goals will stretch your abilities and help you grow in your writing.

As always at the end of the year, I'll review my goals and set new ones on this blog. From now until the end of December I'll be jotting down my ideas and deciding if they will move my career forward. I hope you join me in this effort!

1 comment:

  1. You are so organized...and that is why you can set goals and understand what is needed to be a good (and soon) writer! smile..

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete