Friday, July 5, 2013

Reader Reviews

All writers are readers, but I have to admit that as a reader, I've never posted a review on Amazon, Barnes or Noble or any other book purchasing website. Mostly because I've never thought about it.

As a writer though, it's so much fun for me to check out the online bookstores and see if anyone has posted a review for any of my books. Now, I only have two that are available for purchase on those sites, but it's still fun.

I've noticed since Barbour listed the ebook of Lily of the Field for $0.99 in May, I now have six reviews for that title, which also means that marketing move works. Books sell!

So, I have a few questions for you today.

Do you post reader reviews online? If so, what sites?

Do you write to publishing houses telling them you like certain books?

How often do you purchase the $0.99 books that publishers offer?

Feel free to answer any or all of these questions, but remember, I was forced to moderate my blog so your comments won't show up until I approve them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Rose, I don't write as many reviews as I used to, but yes, I do write reviews on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Shelfari, and sometimes my own blog. I do READ reviews on those sites, too. I don't write to publishing houses. I do write to authors themselves occasionally. I sometimes purchase $0.99 books, but it does depend on the book. Even at $0.99, I'm selective! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I post reader reviews on Amazon and sometimes write for personal blogs. I also like to share books on Facebook, and I buy A LOT of the .99 deals. Love 'em! By the way, can't wait to read Wedding on the Rocks. I absolutely loved Lily of the Field.

    ReplyDelete