Sunday, April 28, 2013

This and That!

I believe spring may finally be here in southeastern South Dakota! We had a snow storm last Monday and by Friday is was over 70 degrees!

I keep busy working on my contracted manuscript and brain storming for the second book I'll be writing this year, in addition to all the marketing/promo that goes with the life of a writer!

Yesterday, I had new head shots taken for a couple of reasons. First, I'm a huge believer that your picture should look like you. How disappointing is it to walk into a book signing and you don't the author you can to 'visit'? Then you realized the author is using a fifteen year old picture! So when I let my hair go 'au natural'-which really means let the gray(and there is LOTS of it) show-I needed new pictures! Second, Harlequin's UK branch is updating their author's webpage and requested 'current' pictures. Out of over 100 shots, I've narrowed it down to six. Hopefully by the end of the week, I'll be able to share one or two with you!

I'm part of a Mother's Day fund raiser featuring the arts that the local Goodwill is sponsering on May 11th. It will be an afternoon of fun and a chance to read an excerpt of my new release, Wedding on the Rocks. This fund raiser comes at a wonderful time for me because that book will just be releasing, and is easier to purchase than my last two.

I'm a guest blogger on www.seekerville.blogspot.com on May 2nd. Please stop by and leave a comment for a chance to win a copy of Wedding on the Rocks. I'll be blogging about recycling in my post, Writer Go Green.

The group blog that I'm a part of is celebrating Lorna Seilstad's new release, When Love Calls, by blogging about sisters. Stop over and leave a comment on anyone's blog and you'll be entered to win a copy of Lorna's book. This contest ends, on Friday, May 3rd. We'll be celebrating my book as well with a giveaway in May. Here's the blog address: www.inkspirationalmessages.com.

I think that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment