Sunday, March 24, 2013

March Madness!

Nope, not talking about basketball, I'm talking about a marathon writing month to get the rough draft of the first of my contracted books done.

Anyone who reads my blog knows that I set monthly goals with self-imposed deadlines but this month the writers over at www.Seekerville.blogspot.com host a program that they call Speedbo. It's just like NaNoWriMo in November. It's designed to get you writing and get to the finish line of your project. The timing was perfect for me and it's fun to be logging up word count and sharing the ups and downs of getting a book on paper with other writers.

My goal was 45,000 words. I'm at 40,000 but I did start with 15,000 words already written on this manuscript. So, I have 3000 words or the last chapter to go. And to tell the truth, I'm really getting anxious to write the ending, so I maybe finishing up earlier than the 31st.

I was asked on Friday to be part of the South Dakota Festival of the Book! SQUEE!!!! Exciting. I've attended every year but the first. This year it's in Deadwood the third weekend in September. I will post more information as I know it. But if anyone lives in the area, I hope you come and see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment