Saturday, December 1, 2012

Toys That I Have Loved

To celebrate Christmas I plan to share pictures of "retro" toys that I received in my childhood either from Santa or relatives.

Today's is Thumbelina. I'm not sure what year my Thumbelina doll was made but this one looks exactly like my doll, the same dress and the same hair color.

I don't remember not having this dolly and I loved her very much. As a matter of fact, I still have her. This is how she looks now! Orginally, she was made to wind up and would wiggle like a new born baby. That feature stopped working in mine years ago.

This is just one of many of the toys I plan to share with you that I still have. Do you still have any of your favorite toys?

3 comments:

  1. I still have my Skipper doll. She was Barbie's younger - and flat-chested - sister. She is not looking nearly as good as your Thumbelina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,

    I'll be posting my Skipper doll too...mine is worse for wear because I gave her a hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a very old (like me..lol) rag doll..she was totally made of material. I gave her to one of my granddaughters years ago! Wish I still had my "boy" doll..he stood as tall as me (as a child of 3 or 4)

    This is so fun..stirring up old memories!

    ReplyDelete