Sunday, December 23, 2012

Last Toy Parade Post of the Season!

I can hardly believe that twenty-three days have came and gone but the calendar (no, not the Mayan) tells me it's true, so here is my last post of a my Christmas Toy Parade. I'd like to say that I saved the best for last but I remember all the toys that I posted fondly, however this is a very special doll that was popular in the 1970's. My sister had Chrissy but I had Velvet! Here she is with her hair at full length, mid-length and then shorter standing beside her original box. I wanted to demonstrate that her growing/shortening hair feature still works!

Did anyone else have these dolls?



7 comments:

  1. Rose, do you have all these toys? Bless you and your dear mother if you do! What a gift!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the dolls I posted I still have, but there were a few items I had to google, like the hot wheels track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness! Did we live in a parallel universe or something! Yes, I had Velvet also and my sister had Chrissy. I don't know why that happened as my name is Chris and you would think that would make more sense, but sister renamed her doll anyway. I still have her and the original dress, but my mom sewed some rockin' outfits for them, like paisley-print ponchos - gotta love those 70s clothes.
    It has been great fun reading all of your "toys of Christmas past" posts. I really enjoyed them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not these, but I had a Tressy or something like that. Besides her hair growing, you could also color it. Rolling my eyes over that now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris,

    I'm glad you enjoyed the toy parade. My mom sewed rockin' outfits for my Velvet too. One of her outfits matched one of mine. Both were very stylish then! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane,

    I remember Tressy. We had a Glamour Misty doll that came with colored markers to 'dye' her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed that you still have the box and it was in such good shape. The doll I remember most was called Gabigale I think. You would raise her arm and speak and then it would record you or something. Wish I had one or two toys from my childhood. Do you let your Grand Daughters play with these toys?

    ReplyDelete