Saturday, December 15, 2012

Barbie's Cousin

Anyway, I believe that how Francie was advertised, as Barbie's cousin. I don't remember how old I was when I received Francie as a Christmas gift. The same year my sister received Stacy. Both were young and hip and had clothes the represented the fashion of the era-the 1970's. I remember Stacy came with geometric earrings....Francie didn't. I thought Francie was beautiful with her blond hair and brown eyes! Did anyone else have Franice or know when they stopped making these dolls?


5 comments:

  1. According to Wikipedia, the last regular run of Francie was in 1975. Then they did short run reproductions in 1996, 1997, and 2005.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big improvement over Madge! Midge? What was Barbie's first sidekick's name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy,

    It was Midge...my sister had the dark haired Midge. I think there were two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of all our childhood toys. I didn't keep much of mine and the ones I did got ruined during a bad storm while being stored in our shed. Love all looking at all these old toys. Makes me want to start some bidding on ebay.

    ReplyDelete