Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I'm Auditioning!

Wow, I sound more like an actress than a writer!

But for some work for hire projects, writer's have to audition too. That's what I am doing. I met an editor at last year's ACFW conference, who auditions writer's for some of the book series that they publish. The wonderful thing about audtioning for this publisher is, they give you all the information you need, character sketches, setting, subject matter. All I have to do is weave an interesting story around it that the publisher's audience will love.

Hopefully, I've done that with my audition chapter!

I have the rough draft of the chapter finished. Now to polish, polish, polish before the submission deadline.

Even though they asked me to audition for this book series, doesn't mean that they'll offer me a contract....wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it, Rose! Best wishes! And congratulations on following up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose..way to go! I just know you will do fine!

    Blessings & prayers..
    Gert

    ReplyDelete