Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ups and Downs

Ah! The writer's life...it's filled with ups and downs. A couple of weeks ago, I was experiencing some unexpected "ups" but those have now turned to "downs".

I already told you about turning down the book the contract. My other up was the South Dakota Festival of the Book was considering for their festival line up this year but I found out yesterday that I didn't make the cut. : (  I was really hoping to use the venue to promote the inspirational romance genre, but I guess it wasn't meant to be....for this year at least.

Which brings me to a question for writer's and readers? Does the state you live in have an annual book festival? If so, do you go?

I really encourage people to attend book festivals, it's a haven for readers and writer's. Here is the link to the SD Festival of the Book. There is a wide variety of writer's so if you're in the area in late September, check it out!
http://www.sdhumanities.org/programs_festival.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment