Thursday, March 24, 2011

Taking Care of Business

Aw...the business side of writing....sometimes I think it's more stressful than actually getting an idea down on paper and into a publishable piece.

I can handle recording the income verses expenses but I get very tired of the follow up on submissions. That is what I've been doing this week. Calculating submission time, rechecking the publishers listed response time in their guidelines and resubmitting.

I thought that maybe in this electronic day and age, this set of publishing would go away but....I was wrong.

And because I've gained acceptances by following up on submissions, I know it's time well spent so tired or not, I forge on....

1 comment:

  1. You are so right, Rose! That kind of thing and studying markets really creeps into writing time. But do forge on, and I hope you gain some new acceptances!

    ReplyDelete