Monday, January 17, 2011

Back to Business

After a week filled with guest blogging, it's time for me to get back to the business of writing. My three novella collection counterparts and I are busy trading story ideas and developing the necessary documents that make up a proposal.

Today is a holiday for me at my day job, so I'm planning on getting a one page rough draft of my story idea down on paper so I can start revising it until it sparkles. Sounds easy doesn't it? But paring a 20,000 word story down to one page, then one paragraph, then one line is not so easy!

Or at least not for me. Now, I do write tight because children's writing has such tight word count limits. The part that comes hard for me is: Am I getting the information in the synopsis that is going to make the editor say "YES!".

As writer's do we ever stop wondering about that?

1 comment: