Monday, January 31, 2011

Author Talk

Over the weekend I was lucky enough to spend some time with like minded career people, in other words, writers! Though our group was small, only three, we had a great talk. One writer, I know from children's writing, then other I'd just met.

During the course of conversation, both women said that they were pleased to see that my romance novel was aimed at an older audience. A herione that they could relate too! And because most romance lines are aimed at younger women, these writer's seldom read romances because of this.

Now the publisher I write for knows their demographic includes mature women and that's why you'll find a variety of ages in their books.

As writer's, we should, also know the demographic of the readers of the line that we are targeting with our submissions. If this is not something you've considered, you should!

1 comment: