Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day Four of NaNoWriMo

I don't remember if I shared how many words per day that I need to write to complete the rough draft of my NaNoWritMo project. I'm trying to get to 45,000 words by the end of the month. I had three chapters completed at just over 14,000 words. So my daily word count goal is 1050 words per day.

A very doable number. And so far so good, as you can tell by my word count reporting yesterday.

However, today, I found myself wasting an hour that I could have been writing. Not that I didn't write and complete my word count goal. I did but I didn't put the writing first...In my opinion some of the process of writing a novel in a month is to make the writing a priority. Because if you don't make your writing a priority you will never get a book written.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rose...you are so right...priority!! I truly need to work on that!!

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete