Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 9 of NaNoWriMo

I know I forgot to get my blog post written and posted yesterday. I was too busy trying to find the time to get my daily word count in. I felt like a phoney after I'd dedicated my blog to time management for writer's a couple of months ago.

But my day was so busy. I was busy at my day job so I ate lunch at my desk and worked through breaks, then a wonderful opportunity came up to meet with other writers on the 15th but that required time to email and work through various schedules, of course at home there is always work to do, dinner, dishes, cleaning and our weather was a balmy 68 degrees so the hubby & I wanted to take advantage of it and walk outside. What do you think happened on our walk? I ran into a high school classmate/friend, so we chatted for a while before resuming the walk and I'm thinking...there goes my word count for today. How did I let time slip through my fingers?

At 7:40pm, I decided to get ready for bed then see how many words I could add to my WIP between 8:30 and 10:00. I moved to a quiet room and when I stopped writing at 10, I was only a 134 words away from my daily writing goal of 1050 words!

Needless to say...I finished getting the last 134 words done before hitting the hay!

No comments:

Post a Comment