Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 29 of NaNoWriMo

Yikes! Where did the month go? Two days left to go on the National Novel Writing Month. It seems like I just started, celebrating that I made my word count three days in a row and then...it got dicey but I managed to make up word count to catch up with my daily goals....three different times during the month.

So as of today, I'm right on track. I've muddled through the middle of the book, trying to keep it exciting, thinking I didn't manage it, wondering if I should just stop, pushing to get enough word count per scene to make a chapter, thinking I'd come up short words at the end and you know what? I have just under 2000 words left to reach goal and the final chapter scene to write...and now I'm thinking.....

I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH WORDS! When I started the project, my feeling was I'd have all the scenes, all the chapers in place and be short on my word count goal. So I learned something new about my writing self, I can write a longer book!

I think I'm finishing strong...how's it going with your NaNoWriMo project?

2 comments:

  1. Rose, Congrats that you've almost met your goal for the month! That is awesome. I didn't do NaNoWriMo...just came off the ACFW writing challenge a couple of months ago, but those challenges sure do get us going, don't they?

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pam!

    I wrote the manuscript for my book that releases next month during an ACFW challenge. And yes, they are great motivation.

    ReplyDelete