Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 16 of NaNoWriMo

Do you notice a pattern in my daily posts? They keep getting later and later and later in the day. That's because I'm really trying to make an effort to get the needed daily words written before I write blog posts, visit other blogs, answer emails.

And so far, it's working. I'm happy to report that I'm back on track with my daily word count and actually over by a few words. This panster has a confession to make...it's much easier to meet my word count goals during this year's NaNoWriMo because I have a chapter outline to follow. I don't have to rack my brain for what should come next in the story...I know.

However, my heroine has surprised me with a revelation in chapter five and I'm finding that I'm having to adjust the chapter outline. I bulked up the middle of my book to avoid a sagging middle and I can tell it's just too much to fit in the word count guidelines of the book.

Believe me, I'll have a lot of revision work to do but I'm going to have a good frame work of a book come November 30th!

No comments:

Post a Comment