Monday, August 30, 2010

Wasted Time

I had all day yesterday to write but did I??? Nope. I wasted the day watching DVD's that I received as gifts then I took a nap.

Did it bother me? Yes,  I had a nagging little voice in my head all day telling me to get to work but I haven't had much time to relax since my mother's death. Getting her estate ready for an auction ate up the entire summer so I decided yesterday, nagging voice or not, I wasn't working...AT ALL on anything. Did my house need cleaned? Yes. Did I need to work on my writing? Yes. Do I have quilt/sewing projects Mom started for family memebers to finish? Yes. Do I feel refreshed and ready to tackle all my projects today since I relaxed yesterday? YES!

And that is part of time management, knowing when YOU need a break. I will not have written 30,000 by the end of tomorrow but I have met my deadline with editor for my book. I'll have at least 15,000 words by the end of tomorrow, which means I have a good start on two projects. And a refreshed mind going into the month of September.

What do you do to relax and refresh your creativity?

2 comments:

  1. Rose, give yourself a break. Even God took a day off! :) I do what you did--nap or read a book that is just mind candy. Aaah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose..so glad you took a day to yourself. And yes, that is part of life you do need to rest, take a day to 'yourself' and start a new day refreshed and ready to tackle a new day! I do this too and so often you see things in a new light!!

    Blessings.....

    ReplyDelete