Monday, August 9, 2010

Time Slips Away

YIKES, I'm behind in my word count goal. I didn't have very good time management this weekend. But I did have a very good time this weekend!

Friday night my husband and I attended a Prairie Poet and Cowboy Poet performance. It was so enjoyable, especially to this writer. Their use of poetic timing and descriptive words that painted a picture while they told a story with a funny or poignant ending, music to my ears.

Saturday we spent time with our granddaughter. I refuse to call it babysitting...it's spending precious time with a precious little one. However, even though I had time before and after she went home, I was worn out and didn't even try to write.

Sunday, I finally grabbed the laptop and started a new chapter but only got 500 words down when a storm blew up. Lightening was involved so I figured having an electronic device resting on my lap might not be the smartest move on my part.

So, today I'm back on track. I've used any free time I've had to log word count. Now, I'm still behind on my monthly goal...50% behind as a matter of fact but I am determine to make my word count goal this month. Time management for writers is a lot like dieting...if you back slide a few days the world won't end but you must get back on track as soon as you can.

When you "fall off" your regular writing routine, what do you do to get back into the groove?

No comments:

Post a Comment